Wednesday 5 July 2017

M&S Spirit of Summer White Chocolate and Sicilian Lemon Cookies




I was really looking forward to these - my two favourite things; lemon and white chocolate!

As I opened the packet, I was met with a lovely lemony smell. Lovely chunks of white chocolate with strips of lemon zest.

It went downhill from there. Normally, I LOVE the All butter M&S cookie range. However, the texture of these was much harder and crispier than the other flavoured cookies. I think they used a different recipe to allow for the lemon extract to be used - which will change the consistency and ultimately the texture of the finished product. Either that, or I just got a bad batch.

I also thought the lemon was overpowering - instead of being tangy against the white chocolate I found it very sickly sweet. Perhaps a lemon juice or even just the zest would work better. The white chocolate chunks were nice, though!

Price: £2 for ten

Rating: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. Dipping them in tea helps with the crunchyness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They seemed too nice to dunk in tea but I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete