Sunday 11 June 2017

M&S Spirit of Summer Peach Roulade




I have been eyeing up these fresh cream roulades for quite a while. They sometimes do a passion fruit one, but they didn't have any so I picked up this peach one instead.

I love the little orange pattern on the top! I really liked that the roulade came with greaseproof paper which made it so easy to lift out of the container - I was worried I might mess it up but this made it easy. It was really easy to cut, too.

A lovely light and airy sponge, along with little chunks of tangy but sweet peaches and peach sauce. I wasn't fussed on the cream - I think it needed some sugar! 

I was expecting this dessert to be heavy and indulgent, but it really wasn't. If you don't have much of a sweet tooth, or if you like light/tart desserts, I think you'd enjoy this. It was pleasant enough, however, I wasn't hugely fussed as it wasn't sweet enough for my liking!

Price: £2.50
Rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Lovely and so much better than their cherry & blueberry sponges which have shrunk to an insulting size

    ReplyDelete