Thursday 7 July 2016

M&S Salted Caramel and Custard Slices



I really love custard slices – especially the ones with icing and huge amounts of thick, vanilla custard. I saw these at my local M&S and thought I'd give them a try as they sounded divine. These caramel custard slices have two layers of both salted caramel and custard filling, with a demerara sugar topping on the top layer of pastry. 

The custard was lovely – creamy, thick with a hint of vanilla. The salted caramel was a let down. It had a strange bitter taste which I assume was from the molasses they had used to make the caramel. I also couldn't taste any of the salt. The pastry was lovely and flaky, and the demerara sugar topping was beautiful. Unfortunately, the bitterness of the caramel filling spoiled it.

Price: £2.50 for two
Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment