Sunday 26 November 2017

M&S All Butter Mince Pies




It's that time of year again, where I will be reviewing many of the delicious M&S Christmas food products in the run up to the festive season. Please comment below if there is a Christmas product from their range that you would like me to review on this blog.

M&S have a lovely varied range of mince pies, some of which will be featured on this blog. Last year I reviewed the M&S Frangipane Mince pies  which were a nice twist to the traditional mince pie. Today I will be reviewing these cute star all butter mince pies.

I always like a mince pie to have a nice, soft and rich buttery flavour. The shortcrust pastry on these all butter mince pies was exactly what I was hoping for. Lovely, rich and buttery which reminded me of shortbread. However, a tad on the dry and crumbly side; the pastry could've been a little softer.

The mincemeat filling was bursting with juicy sultanas and currants, but there wasn't quite enough of it and it was also a little on the dry side.

Overall, this is a nice mince pie with a beautiful buttery pastry and a tasty mincemeat filling. The slight dryness of both the pastry and the filling is somewhat overlooked  due to the lovely pastry and mincemeat flavours. Definitely worth a try!

Price: £2.50 for six
Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment