Wednesday 8 November 2017

M&S Coconut & Raspberry Homebake Style Shortbread Fingers



A generous box of coconut and raspberry shortbread fingers. I like the homebaked touch; they really do look homemade and fresh from the kitchen.

Upon opening the box, I was met with a pleasant raspberry and coconut smell. The fingers of shortbread were thick and generous in size, with a crumbly, crunchy texture. I believe this is because of the longer, more slowly baked method, as it says on the box.

As I tucked into the shortbread, I noticed the sharpness of the raspberry, and the subtle coconut taste. I was expecting these to be rich and buttery, but they lacked any buttery flavour as you'd normally expect from shortbread, so this was rather disappointing.

I felt they were quite bland and lacking in both the rich buttery flavour and sweetness to offset the sharpness of the raspberry. The coconut just didn't sweeten it enough.

Price: £2.00
Rating: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. Can only disagree with the above, they are sweet enough, the primary taste is that of coconut & raspberry as expected. They are very short (crumbly) which is lovely, although the generous sugar coating goes everywhere. If you want a super buttery taste buy all butter shortbread that are not coconut & raspberry flavoured. Does what it says on the tin. 8/10 from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your evaluation. It's a nice biscuit but doesn't taste like buttery rich shortbread.

    ReplyDelete