Saturday 11 June 2016

M&S Spirit of Summer Key lime pie





This pie looked delicious and I'd been wanting to try it for a while. I was really pleased to see this pie reduced to just £1.20 at my local store. 

I've noticed that M&S have started using the “spirit of Summer” packaging on their ordinary products that are available year round. I wish they wouldn't do this as it makes me think it's a new, seasonal product when it isn't. I'm pretty sure that this Key lime pie is exactly the same as their ordinary Key lime pie, they've just re-branded it.

The pie was packaged in a white cardboard tray which made it a little difficult to cut properly. It was difficult to get a nice clean slice for the photo. The pie itself has a crunchy digestive biscuit base, with a zesty lime mousse and finished with thick strips of lemon zest. I must say I'm not a fan of tart desserts, but I was hoping this pie wouldn't be as tart as the previous ones I've tried.

I was slightly disappointed as although it was refreshing, the tartness of the lime, combined with the lemon zest made this dessert a little too sharp for my liking. Having said that, the lime mousse was very creamy with a lovely fluffy texture. If you love zingy desserts, this pie is for you!

Rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment