Saturday 11 June 2016

M&S Wensleydale & carrot chutney sandwiches




I'd heard rave reviews about these sandwiches and decided to give them a go. One of my local M&S stores was sold out of these by lunch time, so I went to a different store where they had plenty.

My first complaint is the flimsy cardboard packaging they use for the sandwiches which makes the sandwiches a bit of a pain to get out. I thought that the sandwiches themselves would make up for this minor annoyance but I'm sad to say they didn't.

The malted bread was nice and soft, but I was disappointed with these sandwiches as I didn't like the sweetness of the carrot chutney against the cheese. I just didn't think it belonged in a sandwich as it was far too sweet for my liking. I wouldn't buy these again

Price: £2.30
Rating: 1/5

15 comments:

  1. This sandwich is delicious. They carrot and chutney compliments the cheese beautifully. Malt bread is perfect. What's not to like!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yummy. Nicest sandwich I've had in long time.

      Delete
    2. I like these sandwhiches. They taste nice.

      Delete
  2. These sabdwiches are my favourite. Wish M & S would sell the carrot chutney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bracken hill sell this carrot chutney 3.95 they supply 2 companies with this chutney for their sandwiches. finally i can buy some and make my own save a bit in m & s now

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh thank you!! M&S are missing a trick not selling the chutney

      Delete
    3. I have a recipe which tastes juat like it, let me know if youd like to give it a go. Easy enough to make.

      Delete
    4. They used to sell the chutney but not anymore ?

      Delete
  3. Im sorry but this is the nicest sandwich ever made and your review is utter tripe, I have been eating sandwiches all my life so I know what Im talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bracken hill sell this carrot chutney 3.95 they supply 2 companies with this chutney for their sandwiches. finally i can buy some and make my own save a bit in m & s now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish it was sold in all the stores. Bracken Hill is too far away from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh didnt realise Bracken hill wqs a company and not a place lol

      Delete
    2. Go to your local Iranian/Afghan store, (or some multi cultural shops may have as well) and ask for carrot jam, it’s the same thing and it’s AMAZING!

      Delete
  6. I agree they are too sweet, I'm having it with M&S ready salted crisps to add some saltiness to it. Oh and I'm pretty sure most people have been eating sandwiches their whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once lived in the UK (now in Australia) and I buy these sandwiches when I'm over. They have always been my favourite. I don't have a sweet tooth, and I don't find them overly sweet, so it's interesting that other people do. I certainly won't be giving them up. The fact that they still sell well after 20+ years must say something :)

    ReplyDelete