Thursday 28 December 2017

M&S Christmas Yuletide Log



I picked up this scrumptious looking Yule log a few days before Christmas; I wanted to compare it to the previous Yule log as this one is refrigerated and the other one isn't. It consists of milk chocolate ganache instead of chocolate buttercream, along with a chocolate mousse and sauce throughout the centre.

I'm not usually a fan of rich, chocolate desserts, but I had to make an exception for this Yule log.

The chocolate sponge was incredibly moist and chocolatey; the milk chocolate ganache and mousse was rich, chocolatey and indulgent. There was also plenty of the ganache; it was thick and fudgy. I didn't notice the chocolate sauce at all, but it was so delicious I didn't care.

This is probably even better than the previous non- refrigerated Yule log I reviewed. I am extremely possessive over this Yuletide log and have had great difficulty in sharing it.

Price: £10

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment