Monday 18 December 2017

M&S The Collection Mince Pies





I've been looking for the perfect mince pie since last Christmas; I think my search is finally over.

These mince pies are from The Collection range at M&S. They are beautifully presented with a pretty snowflake design. I love their compact, neat shape, too.

Slight criticism: The edges of the snowflakes were a little overdone, although this didn't affect the quality or flavour in any way. This may need to be revised slightly, although it does give the mince pie a more home-made look.

The pastry was just perfect - it held together well without being a crumbly mess, it had a nice buttery flavour, too. It reminded me of that nice, buttery shortbread taste, which was just what I was looking for!

The mincemeat filling was delicious and packed full of juicy fruits. The beautiful citrus clementine flavour was the first thing I noticed, along with a lovely hint of brandy. 

I just loved everything about these mince pies; the design, the shape, the pastry, the citrus notes of the mincemeat filling. Absolutely scrumptious!

Well done M&S, please don't change the recipe!

Price: £2.50 for six
Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment